Reminder: The weekend starts on Thursday night this week – because we’re going back racing in May.
Why NASCAR is the best Motorsport on the planet.
- You can push or shove your way to the lead (actually I encourage it). Or as Dale Ernhardt Jr. made famous the good old slide job. Most think a slide job is a car vs car but really it is a car vs outside wall…BIG YOU KNOW WHATS ARE REQUIRED.
- It can be won or lost on pit row. It is actually fun watching the pit row team run around the car changing tires and refueling the car. And, a win or loss comes down to humans doing human things.
- You have to actually turn wrenches to make the car better during the race.
- Cars that have been in wrecks can still win a race. Never out.
- Kyle Busch: Love him. Hate him. Doesn’t matter he can flat out wheel a car better than anyone on the planet by a long shot, and when the race ends he will tell you really what went on.
My ode to other Motorsports:
I love each of you like a child and each of you have good things about you, but let’s be honest there is always one kid you love the most. Most parents lie and say they love them equally. They don’t, and wouldn’t it just be better for everyone if honesty and candor vs. PC and participation trophies ruled the planet. Winners win.
NASCAR was started for the actual folks who built and raced the car, and bootleggers. Let’s keep it that way. Run what you brung, cheat until being caught (I mean find the grey areas within the rule book), and a good dust up every once in a while in the pits shows they aren’t robots but humans who care.
Tip for the Week – If you ain’t rubbin you ain’t racing.
NASCAR Schedule for May:
Sun., May 17 – Cup Series – Darlington – 400 miles – FOX – 3:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 19 – Xfinity Series – Darlington – 200 miles – FS1 – 8 p.m. ET
Wed., May 20 – Cup Series – Darlington – 500 km – FS1 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Sun., May 24 – Cup Series – Charlotte – 600 miles – FOX – 6 p.m. ET
Mon., May 25 – Xfinity Series – Charlotte – 300 miles – FS1 – 7:30 p.m. ET
Tue., May 26 – Gander Trucks – Charlotte – 200 miles – FS1 – 8 p.m. ET
Wed., May 27 – Cup Series – Charlotte – 500 km – FS1 – 8 p.m. ET
Disclaimer: Teams with the most points generally win, most of the time. Results may vary. Don’t feed the animals. If you bet based on this…you should be in the Zoo!